Monday, May 12, 2014

MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND

It was so special being able to celebrate my very first Mother's Day. We didn't plan much but we spent a lot of time as a family and it was my very favorite. We went to a baseball game to see my sister perform the National Anthem. I got to see my best friend, Jenny, be a mommy for the first time and see little Rowan in the hospital. Visited Stone Mountain park and had a picnic (we have a season pass and have been loving our walks and time there this year)! ON Mother's Day we went to church, afterward we met up with my parents, siblings, significant others, and Jon's parents to celebrate over brunch at a quaint little restaurant in Grayson.


Jon and I spent the rest of the day together with Soren, going out, watching shows...it turned out to be such a relaxing day. Leading up to Mother's Day I wasn't quite sure what type of traditions we would consider or what we should do to celebrate both Mother's Day and Father's Day. It's kind of crazy getting to the point where it's time to make your own traditions around your family. -- Jon and I decided after a successful first Mother's Day that we would make it a tradition of keeping it simple and make it a family day. I can hardly wait to celebrate Jon in June. :)

On a side note, I saw some beautiful posts honoring mothers on Instagram yesterday. Many of them recognizing and sending love to mommies who had their little ones taken away too soon, women who ache to be mommies, women who have lost their mommies. All of the beautiful moms. I wanted to second those sentiments and send celebration and love to all of you. What a beautiful time to recognize all of the women in our lives. Happy (belated) Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment