Tuesday, February 11, 2014

TWO WEEKS OF FIRSTS

These first two weeks of motherhood have been filled with so many firsts. It's amazing how a little one completely changes you and your life. Soren has already brought so much joy to our family and it has been incredible watching Jon be a father. I've never really seen him hold a baby before Soren but it seemed to come completely naturally to him. From changing Soren's diaper to giving him a bath, I love watching Jon be a father.


We've spent a lot of time over these past two weeks soaking in this time and getting acquainted with each other. It's been extremely challenging and extremely wonderful at the same time. I've been learning to nurse, we've been learning about his squeaks and coo's and working on interpreting what his needs are, we've been welcoming help and love from our family and friends, we've let the house chores go a little lot. ;)  I've been sleeping as much as possible but also sacrificing sleep to watch him, take a shower or get a couple little things done here and there. I've also learned that it takes some time for your body to recover from birth...I'm extremely thankful that Jon has done so well at taking amazing care of me AND for all of the postpartum "must-have" advice from friends. :)

My world has completely shifted. I am so in love with being a wife and mom to my two favorite guys. :) This season has been so precious and we've learned SO much in such a short amount of time, including how to do tons of things with one hand, like writing this blog post. ;)


I love these photos of Soren and Jon during his first bath. It's been so fun to see him with his eyes open and more aware. --- And as a side note, we decided to count this as his first bath since his "technical" first bath consisted of an emergency wipe down while being held over the tub after a poop incident. ;) Let's just say I'm not as much of a pro at changing diapers as Jon is...


Thank you all for your congrats and support! I've loved reading all of your comments and encouragement. Thank you for letting me share my family with you. :)

Infant bath-tub courtesy of 4moms, so far we are loving it and Soren thinks it's pretty good too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment