Thursday, January 02, 2014

FAVORITE BLOG HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2013

One of my favorite things about blogging is being able to look back on the year and see all of the wonderful memories captured. 2013 was such a special, challenging, and emotional year. I'm so thankful for every part of it, including the valleys and difficult times. Take a look at some of the highlights!!

1// Jenny and I took a trip to California to attend Blogshop Video, visit our best friend, Anica, and stop by Disney! We had so much fun touring LA and enjoying a wonderful trip to kick off 2013.

2// The Makers Summit was one of our favorite conferences of the year. We love every chance we get to make a weekend trip to Greenville, SC.

3// Made an exciting announcement on this day and decided to quit my 9-5 job and work full-time with Maiedae! It was such a blessing when Jenny was able to join just a few months later. Maiedae grew SO  much in 2013!

4// I always enjoyed writing for my Living Well series. This was one of my favorite posts about emotions and how to express them in a healthy way.

5// One of my first YouTube videos! I loved developing my YouTube Channel in 2013 and I can't wait to see how it grows in 2014!

6// A fun post about 5 things you might not know about me.

7// Another video featuring some of my favorite products from one of my favorite companies, Lush!

8// In order to get ourselves ready for both being full-time with Maiedae, we took a retreat to Savannah, GA for some serious planning time and LOTS of photos.

9// Jon and I love taking mini vacations, check out some of our tips for vacationing on a budget!

10// Celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary with some dear friends in Tennessee. Had such a relaxing time and ate lots of yummy food!

11// 2013 was the year we hosted the first annual Maiedae Mixer! The event was so successful and such an amazing experience! We can't wait to do the second one this year!!!

12// A little video about what's in my beauty travel bag.

13// Last year was the year of conferences! We loved attending Alt Summit in NYC, despite being in my first trimester and a little woozy!

14// The most exciting announcement of 2013! Jon I and found out we were pregnant and got to share our good news. It was one of my favorite moments of the year being able to share the news with Jon, family, friends and you.

15// Loved working with Minnetonka on this summer lookbook feature!

16// Hands down our favorite conference of the year! Made so many new friends and got to connect with tons of bloggers we met through blogging. SO much fun!

17// Along with the news of getting pregnant, Jon and I also became first-time homeowners! It's been such a great adventure and we've loved our home so much.

18// Shared with all of you a big trial and the diagnoses of my mom's cancer. However, I also got to share around Thanksgiving of 2013 that she was officially cancer-free and in remission! Despite the difficultly of going through this journey, God did SO MUCH good through all of it. Currently celebrating my mom's recent LAST chemo treatment. She is now focusing on recovering in order to be a first-time grand-mommy. :)

19// A few peeks at our new home shortly after moving in.

20// A reflection on slowing down time, being thankful and choosing joy.

21// Got to reveal our babies gender and name! So much fun! We can't wait to meet Soren in a few weeks! He's bound to make our 2014 the best year yet.

22// Master bedroom decorating progress! It felt so great to make a little headway with this room.

23// Had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Jon and I loved being able to host it at our new home with our family. It was such a special time and so wonderful to celebrate my mom's remission.

24// And finally, a simple post on a last minute, get-out-of-town trip with Jon. It was very much needed and so wonderful. I love living life with this man.

Bring it on 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment